- Servings: 12
Originating from India, Masala Chai tea is now enjoyed by people around the world. It is a spiced, sweetened black tea mixed with milk. In India, you can often see tea vendors, also known as “chai waalas”. We are sharing the recipe of Masala Chai tea that you can enjoy at home.
- Crush the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods in a mortar or in a coffee grinder.
- Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea.
- Cover and let steep for 3 minutes.
- Stir the chai, then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups.